ITTF Launches Bidding for 2020 Challenge Series
The International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) has launched the bidding process for the 2020 ITTF Challenge Series.
ITTF CHALLENGE SERIES
Originally part of the ITTF World Tour as the third tier series, the ITTF Challenge Series became a separate tour on its own in 2017 to allow new and upcoming players to challenge themselves, earn international recognition and experience, as well as give more National Associations the opportunity to host international events.
The 2020 ITTF Challenge Series will consist of six (6) Challenge Plus event and 12 regular events. The ITTF Challenge Plus, which will be the top tier of the Series, will offer players higher world ranking points, higher prize money and most importantly, exposing players to higher level events to reach the next level. Host cities will be provided streaming production and commentary support from the ITTF which will assist the ITTF Challenge Plus events to increase visibility and viewership in the coming years.
ITTF Head of World Cup & Challenge Series, Ms Zena SIM stated "The 2019 ITTF Challenge Series received a record number of 19 bids, and will be hosting a total of 17 events, including 9 cities that have never hosted a Challenge Series, proving the ITTF Challenge Series ads one of the fastest growing events on the ITTF calendar. The ITTF hope that the 2020 ITTF Challenge Series will attract more new cities to come forward to host the Challenge Series, providing players a platform to gain exposure and further develop on an international level."
The more flexible requirements of the ITTF Challenge Series will also allow more cities to get on board to host an international table tennis event, gaining experience just as the new and upcoming players are!
Deadline for bid submission: 4 February 2019
- Bring new up and coming table tennis players from around the world to your city
- Showcase your city to world through ITTF's TV partners worldwide & live streaming on ITTF's online streaming platform, itTV
- Great way to develop local players to get them in to the international event scene
- Develop youth players
- Inspire the next generation of table tennis Champions
- Great way to start off hosting higher level events
- Bring an affordable international event to your city
- Over 2.8 million ITTF social media followers globally
Visit ITTFChallengeSeries.com for more information and submit your bids now!