Member Associations | 9 Jan 2018
GUNDUZ and ALTINKAYA crowned Turkish champions
Turkish National Table Tennis Championship concluded today in I.B.B Hidayet Turkoglu Sport Complex, Istanbul. Ibrahim GUNDUZ has won his 2nd title in a row in Men Singles, while Sibel ALTINKAYA has won gold medal for 4th time in a row. Men Doubles champions are both from Besiktas J.K , Talha YIGENLER and Ibrahim GUNDUZ, and Women Doubles champions are Ozge YILMAZ, silver medalist of 2017 top 10(cadets) and Betul Nur KAHRAMAN from Kayseri.
In Men’s singles category, Ibrahim beat his teammate Talha with the score 4-2. Ali Afsin GUL from Fenerbahce S.C. has won the third place beating Batuhan ULUCAK from IBB club.
In Women’s singles category, Sibel ALTINKAYA (Fenerbahce) has become champion with the win over her teammate Gulpembe OZKAYA, 4-0. Simay KULAKCEKEN becomes the bronze medalist and Betul Nur KAHRAMAN got the 4th step of the podium.
All the medalist are awarded with money prize and medals. The quality of competitions were at the top level, furthermore, the semi final and final matches were all on live broadcast by Sports TV, which makes TV broadcasting for more than 3 hours, all around the country.
- Ibrahim GUNDUZ – Besiktas J.K.
- Talha YIGENLER - Besiktas J.K.
- Ali Afsin GUL - Fenerbahce S.K.
- Batuhan ULUCAK – Ist. B.S. Bld.
- Sibel ALTINKAYA – Fenerbahce S.K.
- Gulpembe OZKAYA – Fenerbahce S.K.
- Simay KULAKCEKEN – Bursa B.S.B.
- Betul Nur KAHRAMAN – Kocasinan Bld.
- Ibrahim GUNDUZ and Talha YIGENLER – (Besiktas J.K.)
- Ozgun OZTURK and Batuhan ULUCAK – (Ist. B.S. Bld. and Girne A. U.)
- Ali Afsin GUL and Z. Kursat CAGLAYAN – (Fenerbahce and Sistem Rek.)
- Ozge YILMAZ and Betul Nur KAHRAMAN – (Kocasinan Bld. S. K.)
- Aybala KOCAL and Ece HARAC – (Yalova Bld. S.K.
- Sibel ALTINKAYA and Gulpembe OZKAYA – (Fenerbahce S.K.)