Orenburg to establish their epoch
The ultimate chapter of 2012/13 Men’s European Champions League has all conditions to be unique table tennis show, knowing that two great clubs will play in front of more than 4,500 spectators. Fakel Gazproma Orenburg is expecting Chartres with big advant
The ultimate chapter of 2012/13 Men’s European Champions League has all conditions to be unique table tennis show, knowing that two great clubs will play in front of more than 4,500 spectators. Fakel Gazproma Orenburg is expecting Chartres with big advantage from first final leg – 3:1 (10:7), but all three previous meetings of these clubs were close and unpredictable until the end. The game will be broadcasted live and free on LAOLA1.tv (Friday, 12h20 CET).
French champion started very well in first game, held two weeks ago. But after GAO Ning`s clear win against Vladimir SAMSONOV, next three encounters belonged to the guests` squad: Dimitrij OVTCHAROV beat Par GERELL in second and GAO Ning in fourth match, while Alexey SMIRNOV overcame Robert GARDOS third time in a row.
French side hoped that Singaporean could beat 2012 bronze medalist OVTCHAROV, but suffered his very first loss this season. And this clash, between these two world’s top players should be the key for the title.
Host side announced that some top officials from Orenburg Region will come to see the game, as some representatives of ETTU and Russian TT Federation, among them ETTU vice-president Aleksandar MATKOVIC.
• It’s first ever French-Russian final
• Over 4,500 spectators will attend the rematch at Orenburg
• GAO Ning suffered very first loss in 2012/13 season in 1st final leg, from Dima OVTCHAROV. He has now 10-1 score
• Orenburg is unique unbeaten club this season
• Vladimir SAMSONOV fights for his 10th MECL crown. He is already record holder and now he can reach team’s best achievement (Borussia has 10 titles)
• Chartres has a chance to be first champion from France since Caen beat Borussia in 1998/1999
• Dimitrij OVTCHAROV plays his five consecutive MECL final in a row (2009 with Borussia, 2010 with Charleroi, 2011 and 2012 with Orenburg)
• The finalists were ETTU Cup winner in last three years (Orenburg 2010, Chartres 2011)
• All six players from two line-ups are placed among the best 72 on ITTF World’s ranking list: Dimitrij OVTCHAROV no. 7, Vladimir SAMSONOV no. 11, GAO Ning no. 14, Robert GARDOS no. 32, Alexey SMIRNOV no. 60 and Par GERELL no. 72.
• Chartres plays its first ever MECL final, while it’s Orenburg`s third in a row
CHARTRES FROM GROUP TO THE FINAL (7-2 SCORE):
Chartres – El Nino 3:0 3:0
Chartres – Ochsenhausen 3:2 3:1
Chartres – Saarbrucken 3:2 3:1
Chartres – Borusia 3:1 (11:5) 1:3 (5:9)
Chartres – Orenburg 1:3 (7:10), …..
ORENBURG FROM GROUP TO THE FINAL (9-0 SCORE)
Orenburg – Saarbrucken 3:1 3:0
Orenburg – Hennebont 3:0 3:1
Orenburg – Ochsenhausen 3:1 3:0
Orenburg – Pontoise 3:0 3:2
Orenburg – Chartres 3:1 ?