Anton KALLBERG and Matilda EKHOLM celebrate in Sweden
Swedish National Championships
Anton KALLBERG and Matilda EKHOLM won gold medals in the Swedish National Championships which was held in the city of Halmstad. The 19-year-old KALLBERG, one of most talented players in Europe, defeated Par GERELL after full seven games of the gold medal contest 4:3 (11:9, 7:11, 6:11, 11:9, 5:11, 11:6, 11:2), whilst EKHOLM overcame Linda BERGSTROM.
KALLBERG completed hat-trick of Borussia Dusseldorf`s players, bearing in mind that two his team mates also won national championships in their countries: Timo BOLL is German champion and Stefan FEGERL is on the top in Austria. Fourth member of Borussia`s side, Kristian KARLSSON finished 3rd in Sweden.
One of top seeds, Mattias KARLSSON was upset by Fabian ÅKERSTRÖM in the quarter-finals.
Concerning Women`s Singles Event, the 2013 European champion LI Fen didn’t participate this time.
Men`s Doubles champions are Hampus NORDBERG and Viktor BRODD. No. 2 seeds Par GERELL and Jens LUNDQVIST were forced to withdraw due to LUNDQVIST`s injury.
- Anton KÄLLBERG
- Pär GERELL
- Kristian KARLSSON
- Fabian ÅKERSTRÖM
- Matilda EKHOLM
- Linda BERGSTRÖM
- Erika FRONTH
- Ellen HOLMSTEN
- Hampus NORDBERG/Viktor BRODD
- Harald ANDERSSON/Fabian ÅKERSTRÖM
- Kristian KARLSSON/Mattias KARLSSON
- Magnus MÅNSSON/Hampus SÖDERLUND
- Erika FRONTH/Tilda JOHANSSON
- Filippa BERGAND/Jessica JONSSON
- Jennifer JONSSON/Stina ZETTERSTRÖM
- Lisa RYDÉN/Anna MÅNSSON
- Mattias KARLSSON/Matilda EKHOLM
- Pär GERELL/Michaela KARLSSON
- Gustaf ERICSON/Linda BERGSTRÖM
- Erika FRONTH/Fabian ÅKERSTRÖM